General Communiqué on Income Tax no 273 was issued in the Official Gazette dated 29.12.2009 no 27477. In accordance with the Communiqué, as of 01.01.2010, the figures will be as follows:
Dr Aykut Engin ,Mess Director of Education
With a change in Labor Law, it is regulated that workers without vocational training cannot be employed on arduous and dangerous work. The effective date was determined as 01.01.2009. Hereafter, the Communiqué on Arduous and Dangerous Works was issued in Official Journal dated 21.05.2009.
This is a really sensitive issue. On one hand, there are employers imprisoned because they could not pay their checks and on the other, there are employees whose greatest subsistence assuranceis their labor.
Generally, the severance pay should be paid on the day the employment contract is terminated. However, sometimes the severance pay is not or could not be paid on the day of termination.
Labor Law no 4857 article 18 states that "termination of contract of an employee engaged for an indefinite period, who is employed in an establishment with thirty or more employees and who meets a minimum seniority of six months, must depend on a valid reason for such termination connected with the capacity or conduct of the employee or based on the operational requirements of the establishment or service."
Government's employment package to hire half a million of unemployed persons for public works like painting, whitewashing and cleaning roads went into effect in Giresun and Bitlis.
The project that was developed in Faruk Çelik was the Ministry of Labor to create employment opportunities for 500 thousand people is finally put into effect. Employment package announced by Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan in June includes public works like painting, maintenance and restoration of public buildings and schools; cleaning highways and dual carriageways, and roadside plantation. 276 unemployed persons in Giresun will be hired for four months and 111 unemployed persons will be hired in Bitlis for three months to work in maintenance and restoration of schools, landscaping and plantation.
Please click here to download Social Insurance and Universal Health Insurance Law.
In law no 5510, optional insurance is defined as "the insurance which allows the individuals to be subject to long term insurance branches and universal health insurance by paying optional premiums".
As of 01.10.2008, the conditions below apply in order to be optional insurance holder:
1. Residency in Turkey,
2. Being over the age of 18,
3. Not working in a manner to require being subject to compulsory insurance in the Law or working as an insurance holder but less than 30 days a month or less than 360 days within the last year or not working full time.
4. Not being put on pension due to one's own insurance
5. Applying to the Institution with an optional insurance request petition
Law no 5904 on Amendments to Income Tax Law and Some Other Laws went into effect on 3 July 2009. It is important that the respective taxpayers thoroughly understand the changes to have the utmost benefit and not make mistakes and be penalized.
This law mostly deals with tax legislation and changes twenty regulations. It is possible to discuss the part about regulations on tax legislation under two separate headings.
More Articles ...
- What Is Temporary Employment Relationship? Is It a Blessing or a Curse?
- Employers Can Buy Occupational Health and Safety Services
- Regulation on the Amendment of Unemployment Insurance Law and Social Security has been Issued
- In Case an Employee who is given Insurance Holder Employment Notification does not Start Work
- The obligation to prepare Appendix -1, Appendix-2 and Notification of Leave has ended.
- Change in Legal Parameters
- New Application for Insurees which are working under occupational risk
- What are conditions for entitlement to old age pension in accordance with the new Social Sec. Law
- Is the Employer Entitled to Terminate Bonus Entitlement Unilaterally?
- Termination of Labor Contract On Basis Of Absence From Work On Condition of Ill Health