One of the postponements SGK made post-Covid-19 was regarding premium payments for employees over 65 years old.
With SGK’s General Letter no. 5157380, dated 24 April 2020, in line with the measures taken due to the Covid-19 epidemic, the payment of the insurance premiums for the workplaces within the scope of the force majeure and real persons and 4-1/b insured people by BAĞ-KUR, was postponed until the end of the 15th day after the last day (including the last day) of the curfew and lifting of the force majeure. While the premium payment postponement was still in effect, the curfew of employees over the age of 65 was first lifted.
Since the force majeure and curfew restriction was lifted on June 1, 2020, employers had to make insurance premium payments for the period between March 22, 2020 and June 1, 2020, by the end of the day on Tuesday, June 16, 2020.
How will SSI Premium Postponement be for Employees Over 65 years of age?
According to the SSI announcement dated June 8, 2020, SGK premium postponement over 65 years of age was arranged as follows:
- February, March and April premiums of the individuals over 65 years of age, who were not taxpayers due to their earnings excluded from force majeure and who were restricted by the curfew, and premiums of the insured by BAĞ-KUR, for the periods of 22 March 2020 and 1 June 2020, must be paid until the end of Tuesday, June 16, 2020.
- Likewise, premiums corresponding to February, March and April of the employees who work in home services under Appendix-9 must be paid by their employers until the end of Tuesday, June 16, 2020, by the employers.
- The premiums of the individuals who are over 65 years of age, who are within the scope of the force majeure and who are taxpayers due to their earnings and who are restricted to curfew, and employees insured by BAĞ-KUR for the periods of 22 March 2020 and 1 June 2020, must be paid by their employers until the end of Tuesday, June 16, 2020, by the employers.
Real person employers over 65 years of age and insured with BAĞ-KUR, who are within the scope of force majeure and who are income taxpayers due to their earnings and who are restricted to curfew, except for optional insured:
- Insurance premiums for March 2020 until 2 December 2020,
- Insurance premiums for April 2020 until 30 December 2020,
- No legal action will be taken if May 2020 insurance premiums are paid until 31 December 2020.
Click here to access SGK Announcement in Turkish.
Greetings, I am an American teacher working in Erutum? but my permanent residence is in Istanbul. I am in the middle of A 2 Year contract ending in summer 2021. Due to my age and the many complications with schools opening Very uncomfortable traveling through airports and air,and the pandemic situation in general I do not want to return to Erzurum. I currently live in Istanbul, and was stuck here in March, i continued my class actively online. Can I be fired,Or prosecuted for not returning to work and Not filfilling my contract?Any information would be appreciated
Thank you, JM