Omnibus Bill No.6770 issued in Official Journal on 27 Jan 2017 has introduced many changes involving minimum wage support, postponements of SSI premium payments, occupational health and safety, restructuring of public receivables, credit amnesty and so on.
In search of a solution for the growing unemployment rate amongst the young population, especially amongst the university graduates, Turkey has taken some steps to fight against unemployment. As a follow-up of these efforts, Labor and Social Security Minister Müezzinoğlu announced in a public meeting that government is preparing to launch a new incentive for the employers of new graduates by paying the half wage of the new graduates from the state funds during one year.
In case of bad weather and under some other circumstances that made working impossible, employer has the right to ask its employers to make up unworked hours at a later date. Also, the days unworked before and after holidays –especially the half-days before the Turkish religious holidays- may be considered in the same scope. However, this right of employer has some limitations; and monetary fines can be applicable in the cases of violating the provisions set forth in Law and Regulation.
More Articles ...
- Minimun Wage 2017 Announced
- Private Sector SSI Premiums to be Postponed
- 2017 Tax Parameters
- Minimum Wage Support is to Continue in 2017
- New Developments on Turkish Private Pension System
- Having Heart Attack in the Workplace is a Work Accident
- Turkish Cabinet Decree on Project-Based Investments Issued
- Turkey’s Project-Based Incentives Are in Force
- Home-Based Child Care Project Widening in Turkey
- Labor Cost Estimation for the Year 2017 in Turkey