President Erdoğan, speaking in an ınternational student gathering last week, announced that all guest students will be granted work permit, and they can renew the residence permits in their permit own universities.
Also they can get their general health insurance without waiting three months.
Erdoğan point out that there are 115.000 visiting student in the country in the scope of Turkey Scholarship Program, and Turkey aims to increase that figure up to 350.000, and also wants to continue the relationship with these students after graduation.
The promises for the guest students are briefly as follows.
* Both the students and graduates can obtain work permit,
* Guest students have to wait to renew their residence permits; however they will be able to renew these permits in the universities they are studying in.
* They can be registered in general health insurance without waiting three months
WORK PERMIT FOR FOREIGN STUDENTS – IN GENERAL
Work permit for foreign students are arranged in article 19 of International Workforce Law No. 6735.
* Foreign students enrolled in formal education programs at universities or higher education of Turkey may work provided that they obtain work permit.
* Those receiving education at the level of two-year degree or undergraduate study may apply for a work permit after completing their first year and work part time in accordance with Labor Law No. 4857 of 22 May 2003. This restriction is not applicable to postgraduate students enrolled in formal education programs.
* Work permits granted to foreign students will not cancel their valid student residence permit and the rights it provides
INTERNS FROM FOREIGN UNIVERSITIES
* Foreigners applied to receive or already receiving vocational training with an employer are in the scope of work permit legislations.
* Students arriving within the scope of the European Union Education and Youth Programs are exempt from work permit.
* Foreigners who are specified as exempt from work permit in other laws and international bilateral and multilateral agreements and conventions to which Turkey is party may work or be employed without obtaining work permit.
* The foreign students who wish to receive vocational training have to bring their internship file from their school, and not exceed the determined training period.