Work permit applicants will be required “Registered Electronic Mail Address (KEP-Turkish acronym)” during their work permit application.
In the announcement of Ministry of Labor and Social Security, General Directorate of International Labor Force, dated 25 October 2017, it is stated that renewal of Work Permit Application System is about to be completed; and new system will put into practice soon.
As per the said announcement;
- Applicants of all work permit applications and of the foreigners who apply for independent and permanent work permit must have a “Registered Electronic Mail Address.”
- It will be obligatory to file the applications with e-signature.
- In case the applicant doesn’t have any KEP account and e-signature, application will not be possible.
WHAT IS REGISTERED ELECTRONIC MAIL ADDRESS?
KEP (Registered Electronic Mail) is the electronic mail address obtained from the companies authorized to provide Registered E-Mail Service in line with the related Regulation issued in Official Journal numbered 28036, dated 28 August 2011.
Following employers and foreigners must obtain a Registered Electronic Mail;
- The Employer, in all types of work permit application abroad or inside Turkey,
- Foreigners, applying for independent or permanent work permit inside Turkey.
ELECTRONIC SIGNATURE OBLIGATION
As per Electronic Signature Law No. 5070, “Electronic data that are generated with secure electronic signatures in accordance with procedures are equivalent to bill. These data are accepted positive evidence until the contrary is proved”.
Thus, in order to ensure the security and integrity of submitted data and record the accuracy of the applicant’s information in all work permit application to the Ministry, electronic signatures must be used in the framework of Law No. 5070.