Please click here to download Social Insurance and Universal Health Insurance Law.
In law no 5510, optional insurance is defined as "the insurance which allows the individuals to be subject to long term insurance branches and universal health insurance by paying optional premiums".
As of 01.10.2008, the conditions below apply in order to be optional insurance holder:
1. Residency in Turkey,
2. Being over the age of 18,
3. Not working in a manner to require being subject to compulsory insurance in the Law or working as an insurance holder but less than 30 days a month or less than 360 days within the last year or not working full time.
4. Not being put on pension due to one's own insurance
5. Applying to the Institution with an optional insurance request petition
Law no 5904 on Amendments to Income Tax Law and Some Other Laws went into effect on 3 July 2009. It is important that the respective taxpayers thoroughly understand the changes to have the utmost benefit and not make mistakes and be penalized.
This law mostly deals with tax legislation and changes twenty regulations. It is possible to discuss the part about regulations on tax legislation under two separate headings.
MESS Chamber Counselor
The highly disputed issue of temporary employment relationship still occupies the agenda. As is known, enacted by Turkish Grand National Assembly, article 7/A was included in Labor Law no 4857 with "Law no 5920 on the Amendment of the Unemployment Insurance Law and of the Social Security and General Health Insurance Law." Dated 26 June 2009, article 7/A was formulated to regulate temporary employment. However, issue of the above mentioned law was deemed inappropriate by The Presidency of Republic of Turkey in relation to articles 89 and 104 of the Constitution and the law was sent back to Turkish Grand National Assembly for review.
Arif Temir- Labor Investigator/Ministry of Labor and Social Security
Clauses of Labor Law no 4857 require that in workplaces where a minimum of fifty employees are employed, employers are under the obligation to take occupational health and safety measures and to provide first aid, urgent treatment and preventive health services depending on the number of employees and risk factors involved:
Regulation on the Amendment of Unemployment Insurance Law and Social Security and Universal Health Insurance Law which includes some of the incentive regulations stated by Prime Minister has been issued.
Regulation on the Amendment of Unemployment Insurance Law and Social Security and Universal Health Insurance Law is issued in Official Journal dated 18.08.2009 no 27323. The law brings along some regulations on insurance premiums of the employees.
Resul Kurt / Labor Law and Social Security
Insurance holder employment notification of the individuals who are deemed to be insurance holders under item (a) of Paragraph I of Article 4 of Social Insurance and Universal Health Insurance Law no 5510 should be submitted to the Institution one daybefore the insurance holder starts working at the latest. In other words, the insurance holder employment notification of an employee who will start working tomorrow should be submitted today at the latest.If the insurance holder who is employed does not start working on the day indicated on the employment notification, he/she can start working on another day after the date indicated on the notice.
Effective as of August 1, 2009, in accordance with articles 8, 9 and 11 of Social Insurance and Universal Health Insurance Law No 5510, any notification submitted to Social Security Institution shall also be considered submitted to Regional Directorate of Labor, Ministry of Labor and Turkish Labor Institution.
More Articles ...
- Change in Legal Parameters
- New Application for Insurees which are working under occupational risk
- What are conditions for entitlement to old age pension in accordance with the new Social Sec. Law
- Is the Employer Entitled to Terminate Bonus Entitlement Unilaterally?
- Termination of Labor Contract On Basis Of Absence From Work On Condition of Ill Health
- What is the personal scope of Law no 5510 on Social Security and Health Insurance ?
- Income Calculation Parameters in the Year 2009
- Terms of Employment Statements for Different Business Lines
- Definition of Minimum Living Allowance