In search of a solution for the growing unemployment rate amongst the young population, especially amongst the university graduates, Turkey has taken some steps to fight against unemployment. As a follow-up of these efforts, Labor and Social Security Minister Müezzinoğlu announced in a public meeting that government is preparing to launch a new incentive for the employers of new graduates by paying the half wage of the new graduates from the state funds during one year.
As a matter of fact, that will not be the first arrangement intended to increase youth and women employment. Some of them are as follows.
Incentives for Employing Women and Youth (Law No. 6111)
- Base Law: Provisional Article 10 of the Law on Unemployment Insurance No. 4447.
- For men older than 18 and younger than 29 years of age, and women older than 18 years of age and …
- The employer contribution share of the social security premiums will be covered from the Unemployment Insurance Fund
- Provided that they are not included among the registered insured personnel of a company in their premium and service documents in the six-month period preceding the working start date, for those who are employed as an addition to the average number of insured personnel as declared in the premium and service documents of the workplace.
For detailed information: http://turkishlaborlaw.com/news/legal-news/357-incentives-for-employing-women-and-youth-6111-is-extended
SSI Premium Support For Employing On-The-Job Trainees
- Base law: appended provisional article 15 of Unemployment Insurance Law No. 4447.
- The employer contribution share of the social security premiums will be covered from the Unemployment Fund, in case of employing following persons who are trained in training-on-the job programs and who;
- are employed as an addition to the average number of insured personnel
- completed the "on-the-job training program" by 31 December 2017,
- are older than 18 and younger than 29 years of age,
- are employed in the professional field relevant to the completed program within maximum three months following the completion of the program.
The support specified in this article will be implemented for;
- 42 months in the manufacturing industry sector,
- 30 months in other sectors.
For the expected new incentive concerning new graduates we will be following the developments and inform you as soon as possible when it comes to effect.