SSI premium support for private sector establishments, who employ trained candidates of training-on-the job programs carried out by Turkish Employment Organization (İŞKUR), has been extended to the end of 2018.
Pursuant to said incentives the employer contribution share of some personnel's social security premiums will be paid from the Unemployment Insurance Fund for certain periods and under some condition stated below.
SSI PREMIUM SUPPORT FOR EMPLOYING ON-THE-JOB TRAINEES
- Base law: appended provisional article 15 of Unemployment Insurance Law No. 4447.
- The employer contribution share of the social security premiums will be covered from the Unemployment Fund, in case of employing following persons who are trained in training-on-the job programs and who;
- are employed as an addition to the average number of insured personnel
- completed the "on-the-job training program" by 31 December 2017,
- are older than 18 and younger than 29 years of age,
- are employed in the professional field relevant to the completed program within maximum three months following the completion of the program.
The support specified in this article will be implemented for;
- 42 months in the manufacturing industry sector,
- 30 months in other sectors.
WHO CANNOT JOIN THE PROGRAMS?
- Employer's first and second degree relatives,
- Employees who left the workplace within the last 3 month,
- Persons insured in SSI, or retired, or working actively.
HOW THE NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS DETERMINED?
- Number of participant cannot exceed 30 % of the company's total employees within the boundaries of a same province,
- In case employers undertake to employ 20 % of the trained they can receive participants up to 10% of their existing personnel, and 30 % in case they undertake to employ 50% of the trained,
- For example; Workplace with 2 to 10 personnel may receive 1 participant for 10% quota, and 3,1=4 trained for 30% quota.