Unemployment salary that is paid at the end of each month will be paid at the 5th day of the month in case the “Bag Law” gets into force in the following weeks.
Intending to prevent inappropriate payments Article 50 of Law on Unemployment Insurance No. 4447 will be changed as mentioned above.
Entitled person may collect the unemployment salary from the (PTT) post offices.
WHAT IS UNEMPLOYMENT SALARY?
Unemployment benefit, also called "Jobseekers Allowance" or "Dole," is an allowance granted to insured employees who lost their jobs against their will. In Turkey, it is simply referred as “unemployment salary” and paid to eligible workers in the scope of mandatory unemployment insurance in line with the Law on Unemployment Insurance No. 4447.
CONDITIONS OF BENEFITING
First of all, reason of leaving employment is very important.
Workers who lost their job against their own wish (not resigned without unjust cause) and without any fault on behalf of them such as by reason of;
- Termination of permanent employment contract by employer without giving a just cause
- Expiration of fixed term contract
- Compulsory Military service
- Collective redundancy
- Shutdown of workplace
- Cessation of work
- Termination by employee for force majeure
- Termination by employee for reasons of health
- Termination by employee for reason of employer’s immoral, dishonorable or malicious conduct or other similar behavior
- Termination by employer for reason of force majeure and imprisonment of employee
- Termination by employer for reasons of health
- Termination within the scope of Code of Obligations, and Law on Trade Unions and Collective Bargaining Agreements, without the consent or fault of employee
- Termination by reason of privatization as stated in Law No. 4046, Article 21
- Termination of employment contract by press member
- Termination by reason of transfer, or status change of workplace
Will be eligible for unemployment salary by satisfying the following requirements:
- 600 days of contributions must be paid within the last 3 years, provided that 120 days' premium prior to termination of unemployment are paid uninterruptedly
- Non-paid days coincides the situations such as sickness, unpaid leave, disciplinary penalty, economic crises, natural disasters etc. are not considered as interruption
ARE FOREIGN EMPLOYEES INCLUDED IN THE SCOPE OF UNEMPLOYMENT INSURANCE?
Foreign employees, who are also subject to unemployment insurance premium in case they are working against wage under an employment contract, are entitled to unemployment salary.