As of 2023, unemployment rate will be reduced down to 5%, unregistered employment rate in non-agricultural sector will be under 15%, women’s employment participation rate will be increased to 41%, and child labor will be eliminated, according to government’s new “National Employment Strategy” published in the official gazette on 7th June 2017.
The target of the new strategy is;
- Creating strong relations between education and labor market
- Ensuring Flexicurity (flexibility and security) which strike a balance between flexibility and security in the labor market and help both workers and employers to seize the opportunities offered by globalization.
- Increasing the employment of the groups that require special policy.
- Strengthening the employment-social protection relation.
For achieving this target:
- Introductory campaigns related to occupations will be conducted for students and their parents
- Every year 10.000 IT specialists will be trained.
- Women’s employment participation rate will be increased to 41%,
- Employment of disabled people will be increased 10%.
- Government will combat with child labor.
- Current employment in constructing sector will be increased 160%.
- Illegal employment rate will be reduced significantly.
- Number of employees working in health sector will be increased.
- Certificates will be provided for employees in construction and textile sector.
You can get access to full text of “National Employment Strategy” in Ministry’s official website.